Friday, March 1, 2013

Mistaken Identity

I've chosen to walk with Boredom
As if he were a suitable companion
One would say far better than Loneliness
Who only appears to remind you of your plight
Others far better Death
But at least he can make the road interesting
However short it may be.

But alas, Boredom and I walk together
Meeting Fate along the way
Who walks with Father Time
And there are others
Yet they keep their distance
From my companion and I.

Boredom is not a permanence
Bur rather a chosen companion
Replaced upon a while of fancy
Sometimes by Joy and other times by Grief
However, he is often mistaken for Contentment.

And upon searching myself and my companion
I realized, that I have make just such a mistake
What I've seen as Boredom is actually Contentment
And as a smile graces my heart
I continue walking onward
With my companion: Contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment